Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Surprise Gift


"Oh my God!" These were the only words I uttered when we reached the parking area.

"What do you think? Do you like it?" Tito Joseph asked.

"What do you mean? Is this mine?" I asked back.

"You have the key right? Then it is yours," he answered.

In front of me is a black bike. A super bad ass bike that I see only in my dreams. But at this moment, it is real and it is just standing a couple of inches from me. I reached out and touched the bike’s leather seat and felt this weird feeling that the bike's chassis is connected to me…as if it was made for me.


"Ducati Superbike 1198 S! WOW!!! My dream bike. I don't know what to say. This is too much,” I said as my hand felt the bike's smooth exterior. "I've been dreaming for this bike these past few months. Tito how did you know that..."

Before I even finish, Tito Joseph answered my question.

"Simple, I always read your Facebook status," he answered, chuckling.

We both laughed.

"First the condo, now this! What did I do to deserve this?"

"Anything for my favorite pamangkin," he answered with a smile.

"How can I thank you, Tito?," I asked.

"Just promise me you'll take care of it,” he said.

Suddenly I found myself embracing Tito Joseph. Totally moved and absolutely grateful. I never got this kind of gift from my parents (Of course, we are not that rich, anyway). But I kept thinking, why is Tito suddenly giving me these kinds of privileges? The thought scared me.

"Ipasyal mo naman ako,” Tito asked.

"No problem," I said as I handed him the extra helmet. "Let's ride.”

photo source: Ducati and TopSpeed

8 comments:

NOAH said...

wow, congrats with the HOT gift you got..
can you give me a ride? :D

Jodie S. said...

cooooool... can i ride on you-err... i mean on it with you?? hahaha... peace...

Franco said...

hahaha girls, naughty naughty :P

Unknown said...

mae_ven here..franco san ba pwede maka hanap ng kagaya ng tito mo??impresive..hehehe..fanco invite mo naman m sa fb.. lovemaeus@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Interesting read. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah that's hot pasakay naman....

Patricia Sales said...

next entry na.. ang tagal naman.

Camshu said...

amazing..Ducati ang gift...so cool, can i take ride? haha.