Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Answering Machine



I woke up still with the headache caused by last night's drinking session with cousins and relatives.  Wall clock already showing 11am.  Still wearing a squinched vision, I tried to get out of the bed and walk my way to the shower.


I noticed that I'm still wearing my undershirt, socks and pants.  So it means I didn't get in to something nasty last night (hahahaha).  I took off my clothes and entered the shower.  Leaning forward on to the wall and my head just below the shower head, I turned the shower on.  I stayed there for several minutes.  Hoping that the cold shower drops will jump start my nerves.





After that I stepped out and took my robe and a towel hanging on the wall.   While drying my hair, I pushed the play button of the answering machine then I went straight to the terrace with a stick of cigarette and enjoyed the view of the metro from 38th floor while listening on an ensemble of missed calls.  


Beep... 6:00pm Saturday.  Good Evening sir.  I called regarding your application for a vacancy on our Ad agency.  I hope you can call us back within 2 days for the schedule of your interview...


Beep... 9:20pm Saturday.  Hey, Dianne here.  Gigimik kami sa Timog.  Want to join us.  Text me...


Beep... 10:45pm Saturday.  Uhmmmm... Ooops.  Wrong number...


Beep... 11:10pm Saturday.  Hello Franco.  You are not answering your cellphone so I hope you don't mind if I call on the landline.  Remember me?  Tracy.  We met in Guilly's.  I think I left something in your pad the other night.  You know what, me and my girlfriends are here in Libis.  You are welcome to join us.  Call me...


Beep... 8:30am Sunday.  Huuuy Insan.  Ang hina mo naman.  Akala ko malakas kang uminom.  Kanina pa ako kumakatok sa Pad mo.  Baka naman may kasama ka dyan sa loob ha, hehehe.  Sabi ni Ate Toni daan ka dito sa pad nila for lunch.  Wait ka namin...


The headache is still torturing me so after finishing my cigs, I closed my eyes and took a quick nap as the calls continue to playI was about to enter dream land when suddenly a voice from the answering machine just caught my attention.


Beep... 10:25am Hello Franco, nakauwi ka na pala ng Pilipinas. Kumusta ka na?  Puwede ba tayo magkita?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beep... 5:25am thursday inuman tayo hehehe....

mhiney_26

Franco said...

hahaha, let's see if i can squeeze that on my busy schedule.